Friday, January 7, 2011

Intuition and Sleep Deprivation

I am and have been continually amazed by Little Man's gift of intuition. In his non-verbal state he still has been able to navigate this busy complicated world he lives in. He is able to recognize the needs of others and determine which individual will be able to meet his needs at the time. Other times it seems like he has a sixth sense about future events that allow him to alter his schedule so he disrupts the schedules of others in his life without a negative outcome, namely his mama and dada.

Right now I've been up for two and a half hours with Little Man. He woke up at regular time for his night feed but never dropped peacefully back to sleep as usual. Instead he started babbling, grabbing his dada's and my hair, petting the cat and doing anything but snuggling down in bed. Since I have to get up at 5am anyway I took Little Man out of our room, changed him and went to the sunroom instead. There he played in the dimmed light while a lay on the couch wishing I had finished The No Cry Sleep Solution and could have known how to get him to sit in his crib at least while I grabbed what little I had left of my sleep. We played like that until 5am when the phone rang with the automated message that schools were closed for the day and I would not be going to work. At that moment Little Man walked over, put his head on my knee and made the humming noise that signals he's ready for bed.
So we nursed and I put him to bed at 6am and hopefully he let's me sleep in a bit. However, on weekends and days I have off he usually wakes earlier then he does with Hubby because he knows dada needs sleep and mama isn't here.
Ok let me stop talking about sleep and try to get some. But I still cannot believe how that boy always seems to know when I'm going to be home even before I know it. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...