Monday, September 13, 2010

Ugh I Hate This Right Now!

I only had two days of work last week and then a four day weekend which, I was neglectful of pumping and I am regretting that right now. I am having issues with the pump right now. My slacker boob is not getting perfect suction which has resulted in minimal, we're talking just barely covering the bottom of the bottle, milk. The other side isn't doing so hot either. I had a less then perfect showing this morning and last night as well. I left the house with five full bottles and one just squeaking by. I told hubby to dip into the backup. I feel like I could sit here all day and make nothing. When I get home I'll have some fenugreek with dinner and see if that helps any. Though last time I got a clogged duct and cried for two hours trying to work it out. Ugh I hate real life. Still not ready to give up. Maybe my next two pumps will be better. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You can do it! Keep pumping and breastfeeding as often as you can. Have you been to kellymom.com? She has awesome advice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you thru the natural parenting carnival! I loved your post for the carnival but totally couldn't pass up commenting on this, too. I've SO been there, it's hard work! I'm a paramedic, work 12 hour shifts, and have pumped in so many different hospital bathrooms, I can't even count them all. I had to keep it a secret that I was pumping from my male coworkers--we're still working on 'women can be paramedics,' never mind milk leaking from my boobs!!! It was often hot in the stuffy bathrooms (and gross, being a bathroom, but what choice did I have?), and I was starving all the time. But eventually I settled into a routine. And now I have a two year old who still nurses but can easily go 12 hours without milk, so we just nurse when we're together and not when we're not.
    I just wanted to empathize. I've been there. Proud pumping mamas unite!!!
    It gets easier. I promise.
    You're a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I pumped at work til my son was about 14 or 15 months? The sessions reduced in number over time, and from about 12 months of age I only had to pump once per shift. By the time your baby is one, he will hopefully be able to eat lots of food and make up for lost time when you're home.

    I'm at www.vosefamily.blogspot.com if you would like to visit (in all your non spare time, I know!! No offense taken if you don't!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...