Saturday, February 19, 2011

This Moment:Saturday


On Friday, Little Man will be one! I'm not sure how I feel about it, and I'm sure most moms feel the same way.
So I'm going to try for this week to do a series of posts about moments in our life. Today's post will be about nap-time. Which, to be honest he isn't doing much of.

Little Man,
All week you have been avoiding nap-time until it is to late to take one for your dad. Then you are cranky and have a hard time with the rest of your day. I'm sorry growing and exploring has disrupted your patterns, we try to do our best with the hand we have been dealt. Luckily, Mama has a few days off this week to help you start new patterns.
Love, Mama
Well that is what I had hoped for today. Here is how nap-time really went. We played after breakfast until you came to me about your diaper situation and we went to your room. Along the way, I thought of an article idea about changing a toddler's diaper for Everything Cloth which, I've decided to contribute to. As I went through our diaper routine I made mental notes from the type of diaper, how I entertain you, my do's and my don't evers and funny ways I'd word things. All of which, I ran by you as we were changing our diaper.
After the diaper was done you asked for the little knitted boy my nana gave me when I was young and we sat to nurse.




As usual it didn't last long, one side and off you went. Taking the knitted boy to see the pugs and then out to the sunroom to continue playing and exploring. Maybe we will get to try again in a little bit but for now you are content to read your books and stay awake.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I can't wait to see the rest of this weeks posts!
    My daughter was never a napper either (she's 3 1/2 now and hasn't napped at all since she was 2!) But she goes to sleep early, so that's nice.
    Have a wonderful week with you boy before he enters his second year.
    P.S. that knitted boy doll is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Teresa - My nana gave me that doll as a child. A woman in her church over in England used to make them. I have a whole collection of them and he is captivated by them. There are quite a few etsy shops that sell similar items.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...